In Sahih Muslim, in the Chapter of al-Fitan, there are some interesting traditions on what will happen in the last days of the world. Two of them are quoted here.
Abu Nadra reported that we were with the company of Jabir Ibn Abdullah Ansari. He kept quiet for a while and then reported Allah’s Messenger (sawa) said, There would be a Caliph in the last (period) of my Ummah who would freely give handfuls of wealth to the people without counting it. I said to Abu Nadra and Abu al-Ala, Do you mean Umar Ibn Abd al-Aziz? They said: NO, (he would be Imam Mahdi).
- Sahih Muslim English version volume 4 page 1508 tradition no. 6961
- Sahih Muslim Arabic version Kitab al-Fitan volume 4 page 2234 tradition no. 67
(Note: What are inside the parentheses in the above tradition are the words of the translator of Sahih Muslim, Abdul Hamid Siddiqui)
Similarly, we read in Sahih Muslim:
Abu Saeed and Jabir Ibn Abdullah reported that Allah’s Messenger (sawa) said, There would be in the last (phase) of the time a Caliph who would distribute wealth but would not count.
- Sahih Muslim English version volume 4 chapter MCCV page 1508 tradition no. 6964
- Sahih Muslim Arabic version Kitab al-Fitan volume 4 page 2235 tradition no. 69
It is also narrated that Holy Prophet (sawa) said, In the end of the time, my Ummah will undergo very hard affliction like never before, so that man can not find any way out. Then Allah will appear a person from my progeny, that is my Ahle Bayt, who will fill the earth with justice as it was filled with injustice. The inhabitants of the earth and the inhabitants of the heaven love him. The sky will bring down its water everywhere and the earth will bring all what it can offer and will become green all over.
- al-Sahih fi al-Hadith by al-Hakim, as quoted in al-Sawa’iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al-Haythami chapter 11 section 1 page 250
Read more about Imam Mahdi in the Ahle Sunnah
- Belief in Imam Mahdi (as) In The Ahle Sunnah
- Mahdi Is From the progeny of Holy Prophet (sawa)
- Mahdi is from me – Holy Prophet (sawa)
- Mahdi is from the Ahlul Bayt (as)
- Mahdi is from the Progeny of Fatemah (sa)
- Mahdi is from the sons of Abdul Muttalib (as)
- Mahdi will fill the earth with justice
- Mahdi will rule for seven years
- Obey Mahdi The Caliph of Allah
- One who denies the Mahdi is a disbeliever
- mam Mahdi (as) and Hazrat Isa
- Imam Mahdi (as) is generous
- Imam Mahdi’s (as) advent will be sudden
- Books of Ahle Sunnah about Imam Mahdi (as)
- Prophecies about Imam Mahdi (as) in Sihah Sitta
- Mahdi in Sihah Sitta – Part I | Part II | Part III